Protecting You and Our Team
At Bit-O-Heaven, your safety, health, and comfort is of most importance to us !!!
We are diligently monitoring the ever changing COVID-19 Coronavirus situation and will provide updates below as necessary. Please contact the Community Office at 956-464-5191 for up to the minute questions. Please be safe out there and We Can’t Wait to See You Soon !!!
We Are Open
We’re closely monitoring restrictions and ordinances that the local and state government enforces, and are adjusting our operation to ensure we meet these guidelines while taking care and extra precaution to promote the health and safety of our guests and staff.
All accommodations and amenities are open at this time with the following restrictions….
- At this time, we are not requiring masks or social distancing at our events, but will review this policy when the 2021-22 season begins in October.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- If you’re sick with any ailment, stay home. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it away. If you don’t have a tissue, use your elbow.
- Clean surfaces you touch regularly.
These rules may be adjusted over time as we will continue to (and we ask you to) follow and stay up to date on the current Hidalgo County Texas Orders in response to this public health emergency at: https://www.hidalgocounty.us/coronavirusupdates and the current response from the Office of the Texas Governor, Greg Abbott at https://gov.texas.gov/coronavirus.
What We’re Doing
The health and safety of our guests and staff has always been our priority. Caring for our space, our health, and the experience we provide is our directive, and we’ve modified our policies in the following ways:
- Arrival and Departure - Most residents that visit BOH, will have already filled out and signed all pertinent forms necessary for check in online and will thus only need to visit our office to pick up a welcome packet. Those that have not signed forms online, will be required to do so at our community office. Upon Departure, you are more than welcome to call the office to check out and drop any remaining balance due (check or money order please) in the office drop box located to the right of the north hall entrance door and a receipt can be emailed to you once received.
- After Hours Check-In - If you are coming to check in after hours and need our assistance to enter the community or park, Please Call 956-472-6418 and our on duty host will most certainly assist you. Then, once you are settled in, we ask that you visit the community office on the next business day to officially check in with us. This number will be posted at both entrances and should only be used for initial entry to the community. A list of hosts, activity director, emergency numbers and office member’s phone numbers will be provided to you upon official check in with the office.
- Package Pick Up - ALL packages will be picked up at the rear door of the office by the North laundry. There is a sign that says “package pickup”. Please ring the doorbell if no one is there to greet you and have your pickup slip ready please.
- Office Business - You will be greeted by a receptionist at the front door of the office. She will either direct you to an available office person to help you or if there is a wait, she will give you a light up coaster (like you get in most restaurants), so you can come in when someone is ready for you.
- Bathhouse and Laundry Facilities — Our restroom and laundry buildings remain open and maintained with enhanced cleaning and sterilization practices in place during business hours. Our restrooms are fully equipped with antimicrobial soap for your use.
- Common Areas and Amenities — We have enhanced the cleaning frequency of these spaces and thoroughly sanitize all surfaces with an EPA-registered cleaning agent. All common areas and amenities also offer hand sanitizer, and most are within short proximity to running water with antimicrobial soap.
- Activities – We will make every effort to have as many events as we can this season, while following state and local guidelines for safety. Our event schedule is set to begin October 31st, but may be cancelled at any time. More specific details on upcoming events will be announced as the time draws nearer. Stay tuned.
We remind guests planning to visit us this season that we are asking you to PLEDGE your support and adherence to any safety protocols required by Bit-O-Heaven, Hidalgo County, Texas State and the CDC. We ask that you please respect each other’s boundaries and beliefs. Resident assumes and accepts all known and unknown risks of exposure to COVID-19 while on BOH Property.
What You Can Do
- If you feel you are at all unwell or are displaying symptoms of the coronavirus, please do not travel or visit us at Bit-O-Heaven
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands frequently, avoid touching your face, cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze or cough, and while we are looking forward to your visit, please stay home if you suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or if you are at all unwell.
- For the latest information on precautions you can take, please visit the CDC’s website.
Worry-Free Booking Policy
RV Deposit refund & Rollover Policy for 2021-2022 Season ONLY !!! Due to concerns regarding the COVID-19 Virus, all RV deposits for the 2021-2022 Season ONLY at Bit-O-Heaven, will be 100% fully refundable up to 24 hours before reservation date. People who do not contact the community office up to 24 hours before the reservation date or a no show for their reservation will be cancelled without a full refund of their full deposit. Rollovers to the 2022-2023 season will be allowed for 2021-2022 season deposits ONLY!
- RV Early departure refund policy for 2021-2022 Season ONLY!!! Due to concerns regarding the COVID-19 Virus, any request for refunds of remaining balance paid, due to necessary early departure for the 2021-2022 season at Bit-O-Heaven will be honored on or before the 5th day of the month. If you are departing after the 5th of the month, you will NOT be refunded for that month, but for any month thereafter that is already paid for.
- We believe it’s challenging times like these that the power of hospitality is needed most of all. We value your trust and will continue to work hard to provide you with a clean and healthy experience.
Helpful Links and Information
- CDC: For Up to date information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Hidalgo County Texas Coronavirus Updates
For daily updates, emergency orders, testing sites, etc.): https://www.hidalgocounty.us/coronavirusupdates
- The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
Regular updates from the state of Texas regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
- Government of Canada Global Travel Advisory
Information on travel restrictions of all non-essential travel in and out of Canada.
- State and County Declarations in Response to COVID-19
A map of state and county declarations and policies such as safer at home orders.